SSC Stenographer exam is conducted to appoint clerk grade stenographers for various government departments. The appointment is open for Grade C and Grade D departments listed by the government. The minimum qualification for these posts is 12th pass from a recognized board or university. Every year millions of aspirants appear in the exam but only handful of them qualify it. It happens because they are not prepared for the exam or do not follow the right study pattern while preparing for the exam.
Let us discuss some significant tips and tricks to qualify SSC Stenographer Exam
1. Know the latest exam pattern and syllabus of SSC STENO GRADE C & D EXAM by visiting the official website or notification.
2. The exam is held in two phases Tier 1 and Tier 2. Tier 1 will be computer based test in the objective mode where it will comprise of three sections namely, General Awareness, English Language and Comprehension and General Intelligence and Reasoning. Tier 2 is a skill test of stenography where 5 or 10 minutes dictation will be given to be written in short hand and transcribed on computer. Both the tiers are compulsory to attempt to qualify for the GRADE C or GRADE D posts.
3. Syllabus of General awareness and English language and Comprehension is based on higher secondary syllabus. It can be easily covered with the help of NCERT BOOKS. General Intelligence and Reasoning section is new to them as they are fresh pass-outs of school and have not appeared in any of the competitive exams so far. Reasoning is quiz and puzzle based section. It can be mastered by practicing lot of quizzes and puzzles to develop the logical and analytical aptitude.
4. It is advisable to join SSC STENOGRAPHY coaching institute for effective training and guidance to ace the exam with flying colors. One can join online video course in case there is short of time or availability for the classroom sessions.
5. Join online test series and practice online practice tests for every topic you cover each day. Make it a practice right from the day one of your study schedule.
6. Make the study plan in such a way so that you cover all the sections every day. Give equal importance to all the sections so that you can score high in the exam. Higher the score better are the chances to grab the post.
7. Do not ignore tier 2 while practicing for tier 1. It is a skill test and one needs time to be proficient in it. Stenography needs lot of practice and knowledge as it is a new language based on English or Hindi dialects. Simultaneously join coaching for stenography also. Learn the rules of stenography thoroughly by practicing every day. You can acquire stenography skills in three months time therefore you need to join along with your written exam preparation. The result of tier 1 and the date of skill test has a gap of only one month. One month is too short a period to learn stenography. It is just like learning a new language.
8. Take regular dictations of 5 to 10 minutes once you have learned the stenography well. It is very important to know your ability and speed of writing the entire test in the given time. Transcription needs proficiency in computer operation and language. You need to have good command over English or Hindi language. Therefore starting before time is always advisable to ace the exam.
These are some of the significant tips to follow to qualify SSC GRADE C & D STENO EXAM in the first attempt. Hope you will get the best outcomes by following these tips.