IBPS conducts Specialist Officer Exam to recruit professionally qualified for specific posts in various nationalized banks. IBPS SO is conducted in three phases such as preliminary, mains and interview process. Preliminary is a qualifying exam having three sections such as Reasoning, English Language and Quantitative Aptitude / General Awareness with Special Reference to Banking Industry (For the post of Law Officer and Rajbhasha Adhikari)
General Awareness section very vast and questions asked are related to Banking and Finance sector at both national and international level. It involves basic knowledge about the banking system such as history of banking, key functions of banking, banking terms, etc. Besides this it covers questions on Current Affairs Banking Awareness GK Updates Currencies Important Places Books and Authors Awards Headquarters Prime Minister Schemes Important Days.
While candidates are preparing for GA section of IBPS SO Prelims exam there are certain tips to be followed to attempt it effectively and accurately to reach the cut-off level. Some of the significant tips are discussed below:
1. Note down the entire syllabus of GA section of IBPS SO prelims exam from its official website or latest notifications.
2. Develop the habit of reading current affairs related to banking and finance sector as these topics cover the maximum weight age in the exam.
3. Buy the best exam material or books for IBPS SO preparation from the reputed publication or author. Take one topic every day and learn it by heart. There are some static topics which can be studied from the books already written on the basic functioning of banking and finance sector.
4. Note down the current affairs from the daily newspaper or listen to the news from the reputed news channels or subscribe to you tube channel providing such video lectures on the latest updates on current affairs of banking and finance sector.
5. Join online test series for IBPS SO EXAM and take one full length sectional mock test on GA section after completing the entire syllabus.
6. Analyze your performance on daily basis in mock tests and improve upon your weaknesses. Revise the weak topics identified in the subsequent performance of the mock tests. After revising the difficult topics, take the same mock test again and see your progress. Maintain the routine of revising the topics to learn them thoroughly so that you can perform well in the exam.
These are some of the tips to enhance your performance in GA SECTION OF IBPS SO EXAM to reach the cut-off as it follows sectional cut-off. This is the crucial section and needs thorough knowledge with latest updates.
Prepare well to qualify the exam with flying colors.